Friday 27 June 2014

Recovery


Thanks for all the support, encouragement and kind word from people around the world to my previous post. In hindsight I can see I have a loving support network but one of the hardest things I find when I am in the depths of depression is telling people and letting others know how I'm feeling. I retreat and hide away from the world and go into an inner shell which feels desperately lonely and hopeless.

I guess I should try take preventative steps when I feel the horrible familiar feeling coming on me again. Someone has challenged me to try think of what things give me moments of relief and can help towards coming out of my depression. One of the most therapeutic things is being with my animals. When I get home my dogs without fail give me a fanfare of wagging tails and my Elsie does a wiggle with a leaf in her mouth that she has found just for me. They are very precious.

I'm not usually very talkative when low so facing people is a major hurdle. But I need to get out otherwise I can sink even lower and become more isolated. When I have things to look forward to it can help but then there are occasions when I just opt out of everything and would rather not go.

Guess all of this makes it hard for you to know how to help. The best is just a small message and patience with me for when I am ready to face the world again. It is nice to just know you are there.


No comments:

Post a Comment