Wednesday 18 December 2019

And then it all came down



Had a walk around with people at The Corridor Gallery this morning before I took the exhibition down. Three more pieces found new homes. From the exhibition I was commissioned to do a surprise birthday painting for a friend's wife. I painted a banner for a youth group's christian camp at Resthaven and my next project is to illustrate a story about a three year old and his toy owl in Oxford. So the exhibition has definitely given me exposure.



Heard of three separate armed robberies that happened last night in the Greendale area where I am house sitting. Guess who will be taking the panic button and be putting it right by my bed from now on. Have been feeling a bit jumpy at night when there have been odd sounds while I'm lying in bed. You can't live in fear but I will be happy to have my friend Bronwyn with me from Friday.

Felt a bit Christmas-ed out after all our Phoenix Choir concerts and singing lots of carols in it. Tomorrow I am going to the Sorellas Pizzeria all you can eat Christmas party and then on Saturday a group of us are going to the Mann Friday concert at Tin Roof (will only be about my fourth visit to Tin Roof ever, usually somewhere I would avoid). They have put their album online for free on http://onelink.to/ncby9h and https://www.dropbox.com/sh/unkaspad4gzcwv0/AAAq0u6oClI1GxnSICm52TjWa?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR2M99HehNupZjyfSIlj0eNEpqdt3Mkk99iY8w-ssHSCqK1p3NrbRKaUrBo




Got home from taking the exhibition down to electricity so got all my ironing done, turned on the borehole pump and boiled water. Make hay while there is magetsi. I keep thinking what else I should do while there is ZESA. Luckily the house has got solar so it is not like I go without but you can't run the washing machine, boil the kettle or iron when the main power is off. At least I haven't had to get up at strange hours to do things when electricity is on between 10 pm and 4 am.


No comments:

Post a Comment