Wednesday 18 December 2013

Coming out of a dip

Have had a bit of a dip the last couple of weeks. I think it has been closely tied to making decisions for next year and facing job uncertainty once again. I had an interview for a job out at a local game park but as of yet I don't know if I got it or not. The interview seemed to go well and I got a follow up email immediately after asking if I would be able to go out and stay at the nature reserve for a few days so that I could get a real feel for what would be involved and the people who would employ me could see how I coped. Unfortunately as I am house sitting I couldn't go overnight and it turned out the game park was hosting a wedding and they became tied up with that and so it has been postponed till after Christmas. It would seem there is still a good chance I could get the job but it doesn't give me a definite answer yet.

I don't deal with big changes in my life easily and I spend a lot of energy weighing things up in my head. The what-ifs and the maybes all weigh heavily and I get cold feet. As an escape I often just sleep it away by not getting going in the morning.

I found these cartoons of what it is like to have depression the other day and find them rather apt.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/comics-that-capture-the-frustrations-of-depression

In particular these two really resonated with me.


I also came across this article in The New York Times that I found rather interesting and if what it suggests is true, then the work you do does play a part in determining your happiness and keeping busy is a big contributor.

Perhaps the new job will be good for me and bring about a good change. I hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment