Sunday 22 December 2013

God is Good!


If you happen to have been following my blogs recently you may have noticed they were a little down in the dumps. Part of this was due to my uncertainty jobwise for next year. Well good news, no in fact great news! It looks 98% certain that I have a job and it is possibly the best job I could have asked for. I saw a post advertised in the local Bambazonke community news email and applied to work as the Volunteers' Coordinator at a local game park. That position would have been mostly in hospitality with a little bit of outdoor work. During the interview the people questioning me were interested in my science and ecology background and it ended up turning into a discussion on what could be done to up the level of science research and monitoring. In a way I outlined what would be to me an ideal job.

After the interview I immediately got an email back from the interviewers saying they were very impressed and wanted me to go out to the game park for a couple of days to get a real feel for it. I am house sitting so couldn't go overnight so they said they'd make a plan and get back to me. The date I was supposed to go out passed and my psychologist prompted me to pursue it further so I sent a follow up email. This led to them saying that they had been thinking the whole thing through and although they wanted to rather employ a guy to be with the volunteers, they had decided to create a whole other new position of a Science Officer and would I be interested?!

I had basically created the position from the interview and it has many of the things I really want to be doing in the job description. I will go out early in January and we will sit down and discuss the final contract and conditions but it looks like I've got it and it could be great experience and they seem like great people.

So all in all, it all looks so much brighter and I can enter into 2014 with a much better idea of what I'm going to be doing. Praise God :)

2 comments:

  1. That's wonderful Katy - to envision what you really want and make it happen. Hope that the year goes well for you, environmentally, photographically, socially, spiritually, and serenely.

    Judi K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Judi, hope all is well in Shanghai and I get to see you soon. You'll have to come visit. Wishing you more exciting Asian adventures and endeavours too.

    ReplyDelete