Saturday 26 July 2014

Blue

How to respond to the simple question
"How are you doing?" It should be simple,
yet is so hard and is not how I feel inside.
Inside there is a cavernous hole,
it threatens to take complete control.
But instead I smile and say "Fine!"
What a lie!

This inner sadness it lingers and binds,
and all I really want to do is hide.
Away from people, away from life,
away from all that is causing me strife.
It is an effort but I carry on,
but how much longer I wonder,
can I stay strong?


To some it may seem weak to call it depression.
People don't know what that means.
They have never felt this crippling pain
that all too quickly brings you to the brink.
That aching emptiness that leaves you in despair,
where nothing helps, nothing matters,
you can't just snap to and move on.
No, you crumble into a ball and cannot move.
It's not a choice, you wouldn't wish it,
all you want is to escape it.
But it holds you captive, incapacitated, alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment