Thursday 22 June 2017

Made it to half term



This first half of the term has seemed long and short at the same time. I made it up to Monday without a dip but had a low and didn't make my morning session. My mum luckily is on holiday and filled in for me and the parents were very understanding unlike my previous employer. I was scheduled for a check up with my psychiatrist Monday afternoon any way. He wasn't concerned and said the shorter days and less sunshine at this time of year often cause lows. He upped my venlorflaxin and sent me on my merry way. He did manage to stay awake for most of my consultation but writing prescriptions, which is his usual downfall had him nodding off. I had to just sit patiently til he woke up.

I house sit again for my former high school biology teacher from tomorrow for the half term weekend. Hoping all will be well as her poor dog has gone down with pancreatitis. Have my two dogs Jasper and Elsie curled up at my feet currently - it is cold today. I dressed warmly for personal training this afternoon. When my personal trainer announced when she arrived that we'd do pilates today, not cardio, it felt like the heavens opened with a beam of light and the angels were singing hallelujah. We'll be back to cardio next week, but today I am really tired.



Next weekend I am going with some people from my depression support group to La Rochelle for an artists' retreat with Sheena Chadwick and Sarah Fynn. Hoping it's not too cold but looking forward to it. Had a meet up for the support group last weekend at Ballantyne Park and had some new people. Had a slight panic on the way back when I was trying to get petrol as all the garages' swipe machines seemed to be down. I tried six places. Apparently the internet was down too - the joys of the cash shortage.

Sarah Fynn



Sheena Chadwick

No comments:

Post a Comment