Thursday 20 June 2019

A hint of sadism



Today's gym session was gruelling. I looked at the white board and saw each set had an ending of 10 burpees. Each set was repeated x3 and there were 5 sets - uh, that's 150 burpees. My goodness gracious me. I made it to set 4 and failed at 6 burpees and was let off having to do set 5. I asked Cara if we could have a break from burpees on Tuesday. My body is going to protest a little tomorrow. Feel good though.



It is half term - yeeha! Although it feels like the first seven weeks have gone relatively quickly. I was sick with blocked sinuses last week and missed some school. Seems some other people had it too. Think it is all the dust and dry air. My one student made me an appreciation bookmark which made my day when I got back. My mum has just joined the school after finishing at the International School, after teaching there for almost ten years. Our house is becoming chocker block full of school stuff as she packs up her HIS classroom. Groan. She is a lot better and seemed to enjoy her first week at my school. I am now known as "Mrs Lannas jnr".



Will have to finish preparing exam papers this weekend as from the beginning of July I redo the NILD course on learning difficulties and educational therapy and that is likely to take over my life a little. I should really do the Search and Teach course to help students lower down with learning difficulties as it would help with my grade 2 student who has dyslexia. He came up with a question of what do you get if you add one infinity with another one? ... To infinity and beyond! I thought that was very cute. He is off in Mana Pools this weekend, lucky fish.

Just staying afloat with the situation in Zim. We make a plan around power cuts and try save fuel. I am lucky to have the extra student as it helps me survive inflation. Going grocery shopping is a little frightening as the prices just keep rising astronomically. I don't know how people in lower income brackets are making out.


No comments:

Post a Comment