Monday 24 June 2019

When grinding one's teeth gets costly



I ventured out to the dentist this morning after a long leave of absence. Have been getting a twinge in my molars when I eat sweet things and wanted to check I am not developing a cavity. Well after prodding and peering the dentist declared that it wasn't yet a cavity but my enamel is gone on one tooth and she then cleaned my teeth and applied a special gel to the tooth in question. She did ask if I tend to grind my teeth a lot. I guess I do. And if I floss, mmm sometimes and if I use mouthwash - uh, no. All of that came to a neat USD 110, yikes and there's the chance that if it does become a cavity I'll have to go back again soon. Was told I better start flossing and sloshing mouthwash as I am on the verge of developing gingivitis and my gums are slightly receding. Oh the joys of teeth and dental care. I have to wait for the gel to set for two hours before I can eat or drink anything. Am dying for a cup of coffee.



Went to get the mouthwash and dental floss and once again was bowled over by the prices. In the pharmacy they had their calculator at the ready to work out what prices for swipe are with the current rate. I was told at the dentist that the price could change by this afternoon. Our salaries just don't go up with the cost of things and you really can't afford to spend more than you absolutely have to as you just don't know what might hit you tomorrow. The life and times of Zimbabwe. I thinks we are all gnashing our teeth a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment