Friday 5 July 2019

Zim euphoria



Finally home after sitting in a petrol queue for three hours. At one point it looked like they had run out but thankfully I managed to get a full tank. It is such a relief and tides you over to the next week, when you queue all over again. Was listening the local radio in between studying phonemes for NILD (National Institute for Learning Development) and they were spouting why it is such a good thing we are back on the Zim dollar. Hmmm. The price of fuel has gone up even more and our salaries just don't.

I've had a minor scrape in the car I am borrowing while house sitting and the first quote I got was over 6,000 RTGS. Nearly keeled over and died of heart failure. The second quote was much more within budget. The electric gate of my medical aid closed on me when I went to try claim back for my visit to the dentist. Looks like I will be house sitting for the parents of the author of the book "Girl on the Train" in August.



Have started NILD again and so far am on top of things and slightly ahead with hand ins. Need to remember to be online on Sunday. Trying to get on with the second big written assignment if I can now, before reports and exam marking are all due at school. Printing things with no electricity from ZESA is proving a nightmare.

My grade 7's write their high school entrance exams tomorrow. Hoping they do OK. My one student wrote on why tv is bad for you and likened it to be bad for the brain like coffee! Oh dear, that means I am causing severe brain damage to mine.

Have a meet up for the Unquiet Minds depression support group tomorrow morning and an occupational therapist from UCT is joining us. Will then tackle more NILD - tonight I need to just go to bed, I can't think any more. Petrol queueing takes it out of you. Even if you can learn some phonemes while you wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment