Saturday 27 July 2019

Retour à la réalité

Tonight's my last night of cat sitting here in Avondale. Went home this afternoon with some of my stuff and was a bit horrified by the state of things. My mum has been moving stuff home from her classroom at H.I.S. and there are now boxes and boxes everywhere. There isn't even space at the kitchen table for me to work at. Well I don't know how much work I am going to be able to do at home at this point anyway as we don't have an alternative for electricity and we don't get power at home like most places apart from between 11 pm and 4 am. Either my sleeping patterns are going to have to drastically change or I will have to learn to do without. I am wanting to try get a friend to put in an inverter for lights and internet. Just got to persuade my mum to let the friend in to the house with the state it is currently in. I need to take a big gulp when I move back home and try survive. The mess and clutter my mum lives in is not good for my head space and I do get dragged down by it. Have told her this but she still hoards.

There are two more weeks of school. I have luckily finished my NILD online component while I have been house sitting and not had power cuts. It would have been very stressful trying to have done it otherwise. I have the residency week from the 19th to the 24th at Hellenic and we have a short workshop next Saturday on syllabification. Tomorrow and next weekend I have farewells for people leaving the country. It is a little unsettling as you wonder why you are still here and if you should be leaving too. As my mum is no longer at H.I.S. we are having to review our medical aid scheme. We can't afford to be on BUPA any longer but need to have a medical aid that accepts pre-existing conditions. There is a supposedly good medical aid from South Africa we might move to but it is something to think about seriously as from my mum's scare earlier this year, you don't want to be caught without insurance as hospitals here won't start offering medical care unless you are covered.

Emotionally I am beginning to just feel numb and the pain which is still there is no longer acute but rather a dull ache of a broken heart. I don't know if I will ever get completely over it but life just goes on any way. Whilst I am looking forward to a break from school, I need to keep busy as when I have too much time on my hands I have way too much time to think and that drags me down. So yah, it will be a balance between having a break but not letting my mind wander off. My Chinese student will at least be back for two weeks so he will keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment