Friday 12 February 2021

And we wait ...

 Still don't know what happens after Monday with lockdown. I am presuming we're not going back to classroom school, but who knows! It's already half term next week for our school online. Bit of confusion about work pack hand ins with it and keeping books. Hopefully everyone will understand what I've said on WhatsApp. Means I will get a fairly hefty marking load the week after next, groan - but hey, it's all preparation for next term when I will have way, way more books to contend with.

I met with the HOD for geography on Monday and they gave me a whole lot of stuff on my flashstick and two text books. We did the transfer on the traffic island in the Food Lovers car park in Sam Levy's. This is all if I'm taking form 3, we don't know yet until it is all time tabled. Makes me not want to forge ahead with preparing powerpoints if I might not be taking that level. Am still working through the maths text books. Don't know yet where I will pick up from next term for that either. I think I am used to junior school where you have it all planned and forecasted in detail. It doesn't seem to work that way in high school.

Next week I will be house sitting again nearby for three weeks. Sadly the old lady I used to also look after at the house passed away from what started as COVID and ended with flared up emphysema. Very sad. She was 86 though, but still sad. It's the first person I know personally who has died from COVID.

In other news, there was a crocodile captured in Ballantyne Park today. It was happily waddling down the flower bed on someone's verge. Never know, along with the Madagascan cuckoo, we might get one in Monavale. The stream in Monavale is pretty full.

No comments:

Post a Comment