Tuesday 13 April 2021

Early mornings and Teams glitches

 I didn't sleep very well last night, so it was harder to get out of bed this morning at the crack of dawn again (well actually it's before dawn - not going to be fun mid-winter, I am not a morning person, much coffee needed. Luckily there is a kettle in the art room so I can make myself multiple cups, I just have to provide the coffee beans). Today passed in a bit of a blur. I had back to back form 2 art classes and I will next time make a note at the time of what each was doing and getting up to in progress as I didn't today and it is very hard to recap as they were all doing similar things but just got to different points. Before school started and then in my only free, I raced up and down to the IT department as my Mac was not connecting to Microsoft Teams and I really need to be. Have been using my mum's as a back up but need my own. There's a lovely lady in IT and she tried all sorts of things but none worked. I shut down and rebooted and tried reinstalling but Teams got jammed and wouldn't budge. In the end I phoned a friend who works where my laptop has just been upped in RAM and a new SSD and they managed by remote access to finally sort it out but it was a mission for them too.

I've started my first online marking. A different approach to how you comment and correct compared to when you have the hard copy but it does mean I don't have to lug too many hard copy books around. I will have to check classwork books on Friday though for geo and maths. Forgot next week is a public holiday so we get a mini break (yay) but it's thrown my hand in dates out a bit.

Saw yesterday that Doha is not recognising Sino Pharm as a vaccine for people entering from abroad. This is not great. We are due our second jab on Sunday at Wilkins Hospital. My sister is still keen for my mum and I to use our existing Ethiopian Airways plane ticket to visit the UK. Don't know what the travel laws will be then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment