Saturday 30 May 2015

Insomnia



Have had a flip to a more upbeat mood but didn't sleep last night so hoping it doesn't become manic. After days of just sleeping though I am not on too great a sleep deficit. Just read "The Grass is Singing" by Doris Lessing and I can strongly relate to Mary Turner the protagonist who sleeps her life away to escape from reality.

Picked my Mum up from the International School Grade 12's graduation last night. Made me think about what it was like to be on the cusp of going to university and having the world before you. Feel a bit jaded and cynical about careers and finding what you really want to do. I realise that only a small percentage of the world makes it to the end of high school and then goes to university, which I should be thankful that I did. Life seems to get harder after that and such a nauseating competition. Have also just read "The Giver" which makes one reflect on that a little too.



No comments:

Post a Comment