Saturday 9 May 2015

Bit anxious


Two weeks today I leave to go overseas. Have been feeling anxious about putting my lessons for the summer teaching together. Also have had quite a down again after my friend's wedding and have been struggling to just get out of bed each day. Although I've done the CELTA course, applying it to teaching biology and maths is proving a bigger challenge than I thought. A friend who trains teachers in TEFL here in Zim helped me and I was really grateful to sit with her and see how I can apply CELTA to biology. Still a little daunted and it doesn't help not having the text book I will be using. Finding some stuff on Pinterest though to make lessons fun.

Think I'm a little anxious about leaving home for so long and being on my own a bit. The returning bout of depression has not helped and has been quite crippling. I think I fear failing again and in a way am wanting the perfect lesson plan and to arrive in Oxford all ready to teach. Finding it hard to cope here has made me worry about how I'll manage overseas.

HIFA came and went whilst I was having my down and I didn't enjoy it as much as in previous years. Missed three performances whilst having my big dip. There isn't time now to review my anti depression meds but when I get back will need to see if there is something to stop such big downs maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Your "find an adultier adult" quote is a cpmmon malaise affecting the thirty something generation in the zeitgeist of today.. Check out - hyperboleandahalf.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete