Wednesday 12 April 2017

Easter house sitting


Have been able to chill a bit this week and last as I am down to one student - my four year old. His dad suddenly has been keen to have my mum teach him for some of the lessons. Was a little put out as I have a CELTA qualification but it turns out there is a grade one entrance exam at Sharon School in June. I therefore having to push the vocab, getting him to speak more fluently and go over things like nursery rhymes. My four year old does miss playing so I stay on a bit after tea and play with he and Bado the puppy. The current favourite game is he being a policeman and I'm the robber but I get given directions of where to run to in the garden with Bado bounding after me. He's getting good practice at giving directions - trying to get him to say left or right. My student's dad is keen for him to come to art classes I will be running with a friend the week after next.



Through friends I suddenly have some potential grade 7 students who all need help for the entrance exams. My form 3 and grade 6 may also start again after next week. I should enjoy the slower pace while it lasts. I have had a bit of dip mood wise though with not being as busy and having less structure to my day. I need to start my next sewing project - a giraffe and elephant mobile for a friend's baby. Hope to go get some felt and fleece tomorrow from Mount Pleasant Fashions.



Today's my first day house sitting but nearly had heart failure when I got here as the house keeper had already gone and locked the keys inside the flat - aaaargh. Was going to have to call a locksmith but luckily a couple from another flat nearby came to help and under my mum's suggestion the husband went and got his fishing rod and we got the keys that way - phew! Took Charlie for a walk and now settled in for the weekend. It is a lovely complex with a river flowing through and lots of pretty gardens.

The Avondale Stream flowing through.
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment