Friday 4 August 2017

Pre-wedding Nerves



Tomorrow will be the first wedding where I'm the main photographer with another person. Hoping for good light and trying to work out changing the exposure and shutter speed of my camera for night photos. Won't lie, I do feel rather nervous. This afternoon and yesterday afternoon I went to St Michael's, Amanzi Lodge and the Flying Frog where the getting ready, ceremony and then reception will happen. With the other photographer we noted down spots that lend themselves to photos. Just trying to think of when I leave the bridal party getting ready and head to the church to get there before the bride does. Haven't had to think about this before. Planning my route so I avoid the police where possible is another consideration.

This time next week will be my last night home before I head overseas and this time in two weeks I will hopefully have made my way from London via the Chunnel to Paris and then Rambouillet. Will see a bunch of people from my Cape Town days that I haven't seen in a while which will be fun. Have just been looking at how to get to Versaille the following week as there is work being done on the RER line you would usually take.



Am going to miss my doggies while I'm away. Elsie has a habit of going in search of a leaf when we drive in and then bringing it to the fence as a present wagging her tail. Jasper today however decided to find a large rat that he had presumably caught earlier and his welcome was tossing the dead thing in the air - charming, think I prefer the leaf, but I love him nonetheless. Oh, I'll miss my mum too.

Elsie Lu


Jasper



No comments:

Post a Comment