Wednesday 2 August 2017

And then there were two

The car is semi-fixed. Our mechanic is struggling to find a part but he has put in a secondhand one for the time being and it seems to be doing the trick - phew. Went along to my Chinese student for the daily English lesson yesterday only to discover it was the last one before he went to China today for the holidays. I did know he was going to China - just not the exact date. When I asked my student what time he flew today he looked at me hard and said it wasn't in the morning, it wasn't lunchtime but it was then just then - ah!

This means I now just have my four year and and grade two home schoolers left. We will finish the term's work for the grade two's correspondence syllabus on Tuesday and I will then do craft with them on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. I will need to peruse Pinterest again for ideas with the materials we have.

Today's the day I don't teach the home schoolers so I spent the morning painting pottery for gifts for when I go overseas. I was quite happy with the glaze effect on a jug I'd painted previously that had returned from being fired but sadly I noticed it had a crack and the potter said it had been over fired. Will keep the jug though as vase or milk jug.


Went round Arundel Village and Borrowdale Village this afternoon looking for things. In one shop people were discussing how tough things are in Zim. In Borrowdale one shop offered a 25% discount if you paid in US dollars. They joked that soon they would be accepting payment in the form of shoes. I thought the EcoCash option of sending money overseas was too good to be true. Today they have announced you are allowed a maximum of US$50 to be sent out a month!

Bond Goats by Lisa Masterson

Went to watch the film Dunkirk last night with friends. It luckily wasn't quite as gory as it could have been. Saw somewhere that they got 5 things historically wrong - will try find the article. My grandfather was stranded on the beaches at Dunkirk but managed to get back to England (I guess that's kind of obvious). There were things I'd never thought of in the film and I wish I could ask my grandfather more about his own experience. Thought it was well filmed and had an interesting intertwining plot.





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment