Sunday 6 August 2017

All was well, well except the very end



Thanks for all the encouragement for my first wedding shoot. Once I got cracking the nerves went and it all went really well. I may have to do a bit of photo editing with some of the lighting and see what I can do there. Although it was a little chilly, the sun did come out at key moments in the day. My friend made a beautiful bride and has found her prince.

My camera battery miraculously lasted the whole day - I should really have a spare in future just in case. Some of my night photographs have come out quite well. A few I will have to try sharpen or lighten. There was a photo booth that printed photos at the reception which was a lot of fun and will help to have captured more of the guests.



So it all went swimmingly until I stopped for fuel on the way home at the garage by Classic Desserts on Churchill. I had to get out to go swipe at the kiosk shop and forgot to turn my lights off. When I came back the car was completely dead and wouldn't start. This was now at about half past midnight. The garage attendant and the security guard tried to push start it but still nothing. I then discovered my phone battery had died but luckily the kiosk cashier had a charger and let me plug my phone in. I had to squat down next to cartons of oil and make a phone call first to my mum and then I tried our reliable taxi driver. He didn't answer. I then thought about two friends that are usually still awake at that time on a Saturday or should I say early Sunday. The first's call kept cutting off and when I first tried the second my phone somehow phoned someone else. Luckily I finally reached the second person and they very chivalrously came to my rescue along with the first friend I had tried who happened to be with them. Had to leave the car at the garage but the security guard promised to watch it overnight. The mechanic came this morning and it's the starter switch but he fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment