Thursday 6 December 2018

Fifty Shades of Gluts and I am done



We closed school yesterday, ending off with a prize giving. I had to suddenly translate the French club's skit as the main person in it had forgotten her words and only remembered them in English. Two of my grade seven students gave farewell speeches. The one was absolutely delighted to be asked to and had a speech already written before I asked. After having been one of the naughtier ones in the class he said he wishes we had a form 1 as he would come back next year if we did. I ruined the beginning of the holidays for one of the other teachers by saying that in four weeks we will be back at school. We used to get longer December holidays. Next year terms are all going to be 14 weeks long and we only get three week holidays - the person in the Ministry clearly never taught.



Managed to get most of my planning for next term done sitting in a five hour petrol queue. People kept asking me if I had gone and been given a number from the garage - by this point if I went to go and get one I would lose the place I was in. Luckily when I finally got to the pump it wasn't an issue - I would have been very bleak if it had been. Trying to eek out on the fuel I got and hopefully will last and take me to the airport on Sunday. Fuel is rather scarce.



I am excited about some things for going to England on Sunday night but I will miss the boyfriend and I will be honest I am not looking forward to the darker days and cold. But it will be good to see friends and family and maybe snow (fingers crossed - although that possibly will make it colder!)



Had my last personal training session for the year today and we did gluts and more gluts - who says you can't get a lower body work out without bending your knee (still seem to have a damaged meniscus). Going to get some things I can do while I am away to try keep fit and was told to watch what I eat - over Christmas is tricky but will try :P


No comments:

Post a Comment