Tuesday 20 November 2018

Getting eaten by lions

Beginning to feel rather exhausted and there are still two weeks of school to go. We have a staff meeting just after we break up but will have to take a bit of lesson prep with me to England. I am really feeling the extra weeks of school as this term is longer than last because of elections. Tomorrow we are taking all the students to the Lion and Cheetah Park. There seemed to be a misunderstanding with the bus hire as when asked how long they thought it would take us to get there, they said six hours! I think I would go a teeny bit more bonkers if I had to sit on the bus with my class for that long. They were possibly confusing the Lion and Cheetah Park with Antelope Park in Gweru - I hope so! My student that I was happy to report to his mother had greatly improved in behaviour, decided to only take home the point that I had said to his mother he must behave tomorrow. He came to school on Monday and asked if I really thought he was going to be eaten by lions? That is not what I had said.


The last time I went to the Lion & Cheetah Park.


Am off to personal training in a minute. Trying to summon up some energy - am drinking a lot of coffee this week. Went to watch the new Fantastic Beasts film last night with friends, which was good, but finished late.



Dug out my winter coat from when I was in Switzerland yesterday and was pleased it still fits. This is after I went to a gift shop to get Christmas presents and the lady who knows me there said as it was going to be cold in England perhaps I could borrow things from my sister. She then looked sideways and said but my sister is much smaller than me ... perhaps I could borrow a scarf!!! Gee, thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment