Thursday 15 November 2018

Robotically built aeroplanes and sausage factories



I am pretty tired after a week of consultations with parents but tomorrow is Friday! One parent expected me to go and apply to high schools for their child next year - um, no that is not part of my job description, sorry. Other than that they have generally gone OK. My one naughty boy's mum wants me to do NILD rhythmic writing with her son from now until term ends in three weeks, to try improve his handwriting - her son is appalled but I have told him he and I have a date at break time for ten minutes every day.



Went for an MRI on my knee on Tuesday. When I first got there the technician came out and said they had a delay as the machine was overheating - eeeek. Luckily they got it sorted out but I had forgotten you have to go into a claustrophobia inducing tunnel and did start to feel a little closed in. Twenty minutes felt like an awfully long time to have to stay there and keep still. The outcome was that I don't have any tendon or ligament damage BUT ... I have a torn meniscus and it can take from a few weeks to SIX months to heal. I am not allowed to bend my knee, jump or run - goodbye to most of what I do for personal training. My personal trainer did arms and core today. At one point she asked me if something hurt my knee at all. I took a long time to reply and then said, "Ummmm, no I don't think so." She thought this very funny that I had to consider it so deeply.



Managed to fit in my Chinese six year old at lunchtime today. He went straight into drawing me an elaborate plan diagram of his plant for robots to build aeroplanes the size of space rockets. Apparently the robots were going to sit at computers and do this! From there he somehow jumped onto the topic of a sausage making machine and went into an impressive detailed overlay of how the sausages would be formed, packaged and "sugar coated"! He even had a brand name - "Taxi Supermarket Sausages". I had to ask what gave them that name ... well, according to my six year old you buy these special sausages from a supermarket that is a drive in deep freeze. You drive your car in and then can get out (you need a winter coat) and get your sausages and maybe make a snowman if you want to. So there you go! My friend Nina says maybe I have a future Nobel laureate in the making and I must make sure he remembers me when he is. I answered that he better be, to both.




No comments:

Post a Comment