Tuesday 20 October 2020

Back to the classroom with Corona

 I am into my second week of being back to classroom teaching. Whilst it is good to see the kids and you can make them do the work more easily, I miss having a mute button and not having to deal with classroom politics. Also trying to keep their attention all morning and be on the ball from 7 am til 1 pm is an art I am having to pick up again. But overall so far it has been OK. Although half of my class were all absent both yesterday and today. Did they all go down with Corona?! I have to do temperature checks first thing and we all have to wear face shields. Two more classes start back tomorrow. We are going to have to stagger break time so they can keep distanced. There's no sport so am doing distanced Pilates with my class. My one student after Friday's session kept muttering, "I don't feel good" to the tune of James Brown's more affirmative version.

My Borrowdale Brooke au pairing job came to an end sadly. They wanted someone who could do mornings and afternoons which I can't. I went to watch the little girl horse riding last week though and they said they possibly might call on me to tutor in the holidays. As a thank you present I was given the most beautiful bunch of purple roses and other flowers from Wild and Fresh and I was also given my first ever Patrick Mavros jewellery. Unfortunately they are earrings but maybe it's time I pierced my ears. Will see.

Choir is set to resume on Monday. They had some practices earlier on in lock down but have been told they will be doing new songs on Monday and we are going to try do a concert to a small audience on the 22nd of November at Chapman Golf Club. I haven't sung in a while, this could be interesting.

I am still house sitting. Probably for a week and a bit more but just depends on my friend's treatment down South. Am loving having a pool to cool off in at the end of each day. I pop home to see my own doggies when I can. Luckily it's not far from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment