Thursday 29 October 2020

Funeral crowd renting services

 Am jolly glad tomorrow is Friday. It's been a pretty busy week with school and then evening outings. I did decide to go to the art festival at the Old Stables Market at the Race Course on Sunday. A few people asked me why I wasn't exhibiting. If I had known the Wild Geese person was the organiser I would have applied. Next time. There was a great selection of art and my favourite ice lolly company had an ice cart. It was pretty warm so a passionfruit ice lolly was just the ticket.

On Monday we had our first choir rehearsal. Well there had been earlier rehearsals during lock down but I didn't go. I had to quickly pick up the songs they had learned then. We are going to sing those and some we had rehearsed earlier in the year for a small concert at Chapman Golf Club in three weeks time. I had a braai after choir but trying to find the car in the dark on leaving choir, I tripped and fell over a rockery. Managed to gash the instep of my foot and cut my big toe. The irony was at the braai there were seven doctors present, but my non-medic friend William applied first aid. He thought this was very funny.

Went out to Hatfield on Tuesday after an eye appointment to see my best friend Nina. Was good to catch up and we went down to the paddock to see goshawks and their nest. Nina also has hoopoes nesting under the eaves by the kitchen. This afternoon I caught up with another close friend Heather on WhatsApp. Had to get my head around the time difference now they have day light savings.

The Convent Old Girls' Association has decided to put on a reunion lunch at Alo Alo at the end of November. We had a meeting this evening to plan and coordinate as a committee. As a joke one of the others said could I organise to rent a crowd for her funeral. Never been asked to do that, lol. We are going to have a Christmas theme this year. Sadly there will be no Sr Kate or Sr Loyola this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment