Friday 23 October 2020

To go or not to go? That is the question

 Am very glad it's Friday and we are now two weeks into term. Seven more to go til I hopefully get a proper holiday at last and a complete break. I haven't really stopped since the school holidays ended in May. We are hoping to try go back up to the Vumba just after school closes with some friends. Can revisit the famous Tony's Coffee Shop and go for walks in the forest.

There's a big art festival happening at The Stables at Borrowdale Race Course on Sunday. I know some of the artists exhibiting. I would like to go but there is a part of me that is a bit concerned about how many people there will be in a relatively small area. Although COVID is still not a major concern in Zimbabwe, it is still out there. I could try go straight after mass. Will see. A friend said a doctor advised her not to. Perhaps I should heed that advice but there is the ever present case of FOMO.

Was chatting to my work colleague at lunchtime and she said she told her class they will learn all about human reproduction when they get to my class. Ho hum, I had previously been told not to teach it as some of our kids are still very immature. There are some aspects though like hygiene and menstruation that should perhaps be taught. With my private tutoring student I have just covered sexual reproduction and the poor boy didn't know where to look. When I asked what bodily changes occur when you're a teenager he stuck to the very safe ones and feigned ignorance at the rest which was quite amusing. He was thoroughly relieved when we got to the end of the unit. In some ways, so was I.

I may be house sitting for my headmistress over Christmas. Would entail looking after two great danes, chickens and I think rabbits. She will take her small dog Yukkie with her as he got into fights with the great danes. He has been coming into school with her and is now the school mascot. Yukkie the school dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment