Friday 20 November 2020

The end is nigh

 We've just finished exam week and now have two and a half weeks of school left. YES!! The good news is we're having an extra week of holidays in January and not starting like government schools on the 5th. That's painful - New Year on the Friday and back to school on the Tuesday - no man. This year has been an incredibly long one, with two week breaks but otherwise school since May. I went to see my gynae on Monday and when I told her I had had tick bite fever in March, she said it might have been Corona. They have similar symptoms and it turns out you treat them with the same drug, doxycycline. The only way of knowing would be to test my antibodies.

We were supposed to have been having a choir concert on Sunday at Chapman Golf Club for 100 people but yesterday government sent out a statement saying we are still under lock down and therefore the concert would be illegal. Pity, but hopefully we can do the concert at a later date. It was nice to be singing again.

Last week and the week before I developed a chicken pox resembling rash. I don't know if it was a type of heat rash but when I went to the doctor to check it wasn't chicken pox or shingles, I was told it was probably an allergic reaction to something. Trouble is I don't know to what. The doctor said the spots looked a lot like chicken pox but I should have been covered head to foot if it was.

I'm kitten sitting this weekend for a good friend. Means I have use of a pool again and uncapped internet, yay. Might try watch some of The Crown on Netflix. The weekend after school finishes am going back off to the Vumba with friends. Looking forward to that. We will have to take diesel with for the generator and use solar lighting but will be a good break.

No comments:

Post a Comment