Friday 27 November 2020

TGIF, goodness gracious me

 Had the second emergency parent meeting at 7.30 this morning. Said student from yesterday behaved and was subdued initially but at break went round trying to figure out who had snitched on him. After break we were back to usual with talking instead of working and talking back when told off. I really don't feel very comfortable leaving stuff unattended on my desk if I have to go to the loo or something as there was a plan to damage my property. It is a real pain.

Am so jolly glad it is Friday and then we have 9 days and I move on to new students and hopefully a better class next year. Am just very thankful in some ways for lock down and that I didn't have to teach this current class all year in the classroom as they were mutinous in the first term before Corona hit. The first term! Usually grade 7's only play up in the third term, but not this lot.

Was supposed to have been tutoring a new student this afternoon but the aunt phoned me this morning to say they were in contact with someone who has tested positive for Corona yesterday. I would rather not take the risk. There are suddenly a whole lot more cases again. My gardner yesterday was saying he is very worried. There's nothing you can do though apart from be sensible.

The rains have sort of arrived and so have the mosquitoes. The flamboyants are also in full bloom. I keep trying to snap them on the way to work and home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment