Monday 23 November 2020

Things are good, although perhaps slightly manic

 Spent an enjoyable weekend house sitting for a friend and looking after her kitten and older cat, Pumpkin and Ringo. Was lovely to have a pool again, as it is stiflingly hot. I did have a blind worm (a type of snake) as a companion too. It appeared twice on two separate evenings and I will be honest, I couldn't muster the courage to scoop him outside, so I just left him there to do his thing (notice how I make it a he) and remained up on the bed watching. On the last night he disappeared in the region of my school book bag. I'm afraid I now have this horrid thought that perhaps he's squashed inside and slowly rotting. Again wimpy me is too grossed out to investigate this. 

School has exactly 2.5 weeks or 12 days or 60 hours left. I'm not counting at all. My class are pushing boundaries and one delightful child wrote f you in full on my calendar. By handwriting I have an idea who it is but when I asked him he vehemently denied it. I am looking forward to the end. 

Had personal training this afternoon and Cara has a new form of torture, half burpees argh. They are even more gruelling than full ones as you jump from a crouch to the ground. I felt a bit icky at the end which Cara said shows I did an intensive work out and burned fat - ok. 

It's the Convent Old Girls reunion lunch at Alo Alo restaurant in Arundel on Saturday with a Christmas theme. We have a committee meeting tomorrow to finalise everything. Sadly no Sr Kate or Sr Loyola any more, as they passed away this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment