Thursday 26 November 2020

Counting the hours and possibly minutes

 My class have been staging a rebellion and I am now really, really looking forward to the end of term. I had to warn them that if they did anything really stupid they could be suspended. The chief instigator was thankfully absent today as they had someone staying with them this weekend who tested positive for COVID yesterday (a bit scary!) Things improved slightly without said student being in class today but I have frankly had enough now.

After doing a leg session in personal training on Monday, I did arms on Tuesday and now I can't move either! I had semi forgotten how to do pushups and my arms are telling me about it. Did something new called an explosive pushup. When you come up from the floor you have to push away from the ground and lift your arms off the ground. Kinda tricky and definitely working those triceps (I think it's those).

Suddenly getting lots of requests to house sit over Christmas. Am booked though by our head at school to look  after her two great danes. They have a pool, yay! and I can use a car. Went and did some Christmas shopping at Kava Market at Willowmead this afternoon. Got two hams and got some Christmas pressies for people. It is one of my favourite foodie shops.

Our Phoenix Choir concert is now going to take place after all at Dandaro on Monday at 6pm. Hopefully will be OK without an extra rehearsal. If you have a musical recital it is legal. When you say concert the authorities think you mean thousands coming to watch, which is not the case. The Marden Singers are putting on the Messiah this weekend at Mary Magdalene Church in Avondale. It is suddenly all systems go - there are so many things happening this weekend, we have the Convent lunch but there is a quiz, Verandah Gallery and a market at Franjipanji. It is not possible to do everything. The last few weeks before Christmas are going to go really quickly and then we face 2021, hopefully better than this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment