Thursday 20 September 2012

Time where are you running to?

The year is rapidly vapourising into what will soon become just memories and with it the last of my twenties are flashing by before my eyes. Where has the time gone and what am I doing with my life? The approach of thirty trills and I think I am in denial. A lot has happened in this last decade of my life. Went from having a pretty set game plan to being thrown into a muddle of disillusion and depression. I am emerging now and having to reassess where I am going and try pick up the pieces with what I want to do. Life in Harare is starting to feel a bit mundane and I am getting itchy feet to travel. So far the work I have picked up here has been piecemeal. On the one hand it is liberating to not be tied down but on the other after a fair amount of effort to try break into the job market it is frustrating to have relatively little success to show for it. Having my friends scattered across the globe makes me yearn to be a part of their world. I get flashes of their lives on Facebook and although I know it is not always a true picture and is slightly rosey-hued it does make me envious. Decisions loom once more and I need to try overcome my indecisiveness and try reformulate what I am going to do ... will see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment