Monday 6 October 2014

What it feels like to be depressed

I recently came across an article in Huffington Post titled"What Bipolar Disorder Really Feels Like". The cartoons by Ellen Forney really capture emotions I experience with bipolar and things I find difficult to express at times. In the article the cartoon with the swimming pool and shower is truly how it can feel to come out of a low.


I can also really relate to how Ellen depicts manic phases and I have experienced similar things to what she has when sharing the fact that I am bipolar.




Not wanting to get out of bed and face reality is another all too familiar feeling and battle for me. I found cartoons on a Buzzfeed article very apt. It sounds so easy to just get out of bed and get on with the day but there are days for me where I just can't and retreat into a world under my blanket where I don't have to face the deep inner unhappiness. Luckily haven't had that for a little while but there are days when I just can't.





No comments:

Post a Comment