Monday 27 October 2014

Community

Since the armed robbery my Mum and I experienced at our front gate two weeks ago, we have been blown away by people's love and concern. It really is the support network of friends that makes Zim the special place it is and makes up for the craziness of everything else.

I saw my therapist and talked over the feelings the attack made me feel and how I subsequently felt and this helped a lot. I was feeling anxious but it is thankfully getting better and although I still am nervous of getting in and out of our gate I don't feel quite so panicky and having a remote alarm on me makes me feel safer some how.

A lot of people have said I should have let our dogs out at the robbers but I would rather have had our car stolen than have had my dogs shot. I really couldn't have lived with having them hurt as they are very precious to me. Keep praying they don't get poisoned as the fact that the robbers had bolt cutters with them was not good news. We are going to try get an electric gate put in as soon as we can scrape the funds together to do so. Getting out to open the gate every time is just a risk and opens us to being vulnerable and an easy target. Hoping I don't have to go out to Marondera until we've sorted this out as I can't leave my Mum on her own just yet without a better system in place yet.

On the positive side, I had an unexpected debut on stage with Les Miserables on Saturday. We went to watch the matinee and when I went backstage to see my former fellow cast members they said why didn't I join for the second half. So I did, as my costume was still up in the dressing room and it was great fun. Was the first time I've been on stage in years. I used to dance and was involved in theatre at school. Would like to do another show at some point once we've sorted our security at home. There are plans for Reps to put on Oliver next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment