Thursday 18 December 2014

Some decisions made


After much indecision and stress I made the decision not to teach at Peterhouse next year. It was a good opportunity but the time table was going to be killing and I didn't have much time to prep for it. I'm afraid I got to the point of taking all my pills again in the process. Zonked me out for the weekend but I did make a decision at the end of it.

This leaves me unemployed still for next year. I am still waiting to hear about part time lecturing at the UZ in zoology and there might be some part time work with WWF. In the meantime I will try get some tutoring work and maybe substitute at the International School. I do want to go over to Oxford and do a CELTA Teaching English as a Foreign language course. Will go after my friend Nina's wedding for which I am a bridesmaid.

My psychologist was supportive of my decision but my therapist questioned what my long term plan is. I am not too sure to be honest. My therapist did also state that I am a bit of a burden on my Mum and need to support myself. This upset me but is true to a degree. Just not sure what work in Zim would really make me self supporting and help me break free of dependence.

So that's where I am currently.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like the bridge of sighs but there's no canal beneath it ... where is it? Oxford?
    And I'm sure your mum treasures every day you are home with her. But also wants the best for you should you move on.
    God is good - hand over the problem ... His shoulders are broader than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo. It's Hertford Bridge, popularly known as the Bridge of Sighs, a skyway joining two parts of Hertford College over New College Lane in Oxford, England. Its distinctive design makes it a city landmark. It was completed in 1914

    ReplyDelete