Tuesday 14 March 2017

My favourite student returns :)



My favourite four year old has returned from China full of the joys of spring and happy to be back in the land of "saza". He has decided since being on an aeroplane he would like to be a fighter pilot when he grows up. His little 2 month old brother is going to also be one apparently. We have reverted back to dinosaurs and have our usual high tea at the end. When asked if his best friend liked dinosaurs my learner replied he didn't know, so I said had he ever asked and the thought seemed to fill him with wonder. Perhaps tomorrow I will find out.

Sesame seed biscuits from China.


Today was a pretty full teaching day as I started with my grade one at 8 through till 10. Met with two friends at Queen of Hearts and then dashed home for a new grade 6 maths student from Bishopslea. Then went to my grade four and onto my four year old. Technically this is the best optimisation of time with a good quota of students to the day but it is tiring.

I managed to fit in a quick walk along the edge of the vlei in front of where I live and take some photos of the cosmos. Was very pretty seeing a sea of pink and white against a blue blue sky. It feels like it's change of seasons, with a certain crisp to the air and the large wide open blue skies - a change from what has been a very wet, cloudy rainy season this year.

Cosmos and zinnias on Monavale Vlei



No comments:

Post a Comment