Thursday 28 September 2017

End of a slightly crazy week in Zim

Seed pods from art this week

Well after being in bed with a gastric bug at the end of last week, I discovered that we were apparently experiencing fuel shortages. People then panicked and started stockpiling commodities in supermarkets and some prices went shooting up. The economy is not in good form but this was all possibly slightly preemptive. Today things seem to be back to normal and there are no more petrol queues for now - phew.

Life continued otherwise though and I had my home schoolers, my Chinese four year old and form three. With the form three we have been brainstorming on essays on Macbeth. I need to catch up with reading Spies as they have now finished that as well. My student astounded me by getting 85% for his geo test. I asked if he had studied it in a different way, really hoping he would say he had and we could use this but he said he hadn't - boo. I also had two new students from Mozambique who go to the International School today.



I have been building up to where I was before I went on holiday in personal training. Today was definitely the hardest one since I got back. At one point I thought my trainer said I had to do 60 mountain climbers - I had mild heart failure. It was tough though nonetheless with crunches, reverse crunches, bicycles, mountain climbers and skipping. But the endorphin rush after is definitely worth it.



Went for my second art session with Sarah Fynn yesterday morning. It is a lovely morning tackling painting projects and being guided with interesting suggestions of techniques and use of paint. This week's was completely different to last week's challenge.

Hoping to go to Starlight Dancing this weekend and doing more photo editing. I am finding Picasa fairly useful, although the resolution after is not that great. Might go to a friend's writing group meet up on Saturday morning. Have to be up early on Saturday to teach my form three.



No comments:

Post a Comment