Sunday 25 August 2019

Batteries and life with no ZESA

Last week was quite a week. I was doing the intensive residency week for NILD and house sitting where the generator packed up and as a result we also had no water. Was resorting to using the swimming pool and shipping bottles of water across town. You would be surprised at how much you rely of water for so many seemingly insignificant things, but as a whole it is a bit of a disaster. I think I can happily survive temporarily without power but water is another story. Tonight the power is on earlier and I had a shower for the first time in I don't like to say how long. This is what normal life is like.

The NILD course was good and I met some lovely participants. I passed and am now a level one therapist. I need to try find students with learning difficulties to sign up with me. Might be able to possibly get some from school. Had heart failure on Friday when I was trying to get to my final demo of the five core techniques and the car I am using while house sitting wouldn't start. Luckily the gardner checked the battery and it had become dislodged and then started. Managed to get to Twin Rivers School in time and my demo went well.

Had sad news this morning that Mrs Sternslow, my high school English teacher, who I have been visiting at Flame Lily Lodge passed away early this morning. I think for her it is a release as she was struggling but I will miss going to see her and I am sad she died relatively young and life cruelly made her last few months ones of suffering.



Tomorrow I start a week of teaching art to four year olds and upwards with my friend Lucy. Need to try finish preparing for school this week. We go back to the third term on the 10th of September and have our staff meeting next Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment