Saturday 31 August 2019

Kids holiday art and into last week of the holidays



Ran an art week with my friend Lucy this last week. It was fairly successful and we managed to use resources from the last one we did and make the paint stretch. Set foot for the first time in the Chinese Mall out by the National Sports Stadium. Beforehand I have refused to go there as it was built on a wetland but we were in search of cheap paper. They actually didn't have any as it turned out. Was a bizarre experience.



On Friday we set a treasure hunt for our students for them to find booty to put in their underwater treasure chests made out of egg boxes. They all got quite excited by this and Philippe, Lucy's little boy, said he would let the others join him on "his treasure hunt". Previously Philippe asked me where I lived and when I said Milton Park, he said oh that's where the volcano is. Really? I also accidentally made the mistake of telling him that Michael Jackson died before Philippe was born. Philippe then wanted to know why he had gone and done that and wasn't satisfied with my answers. Oh dear, sorry Lucy.



We have our school staff meeting on Monday at 9 am. There is quite a lot on the agenda. I need to finish getting ready for school and plan how I am going to seat my class - not an easy one as some have the potential to be naughty wherever I put them and with whomever they are sitting next to.




Saw my psychiatrist yesterday and he is overall pleased. My blood tests showed a fairly high creatine level which indicates dehydration and isn't good for my kidney function so I need to drink lots of water. He is happy with my lithium level but said if I get manic with spring I must up my dose. I am not having trouble sleeping though. Saw my therapist with my mum on Tuesday and we discussed again my mum's clutter. Need to try reduce it and find ways of getting stuff for recycling cleared so it doesn't accumulate. Not good for me mentally. I am not house sitting again for a while so will be at home. We finally have an inverter though which is exciting so we don't have to be in the dark and I can use internet. A big bonus for school as otherwise it's by candle/solar light.

No comments:

Post a Comment