Monday 2 September 2019

Not a bad Monday


Started the day with our staff meeting this morning and then arranging my classroom for the start of term next week. My students are in for a bit of a shock as I have made the seating pattern a horse shoe with me facing them. Have strategically placed the students I need to keep an extra eye on right next to me. We'll see how long Plan A lasts and if I have successfully mingled the talkative ones amongst the rest. If it fails I do have Plan B, but really hoping that won't be needed or at least not initially. This term we will be doing a play which should be fun and we will be celebrating World Rhino Day and I'm hoping someone from Imire might be able to come speak.



Came across a lady with a three year old baby goat in Borrowdale Village at lunchtime. It was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. At first I thought it was a puppy but it was goat. The lady said it was abandoned by the mother so they are hand rearing it and have called it Kitkat. I now want a goat!



Had choir this evening and we're starting to get ready for concerts. I have missed two weeks with NILD and then car trouble so had to catch up. I ruffled a few of the older altos feathers by changing the seating pattern at Arundel Chapel. Oh dear.

We finally have an inverter at home, which gives us lights and internet when there is a powercut (from 6 am to 10 pm most days). So it is a huge blessing and we are very grateful to my friend William and his dad for doing it. The next thing on the list tomorrow is to sort out a blocked sewer drain (rather urgent). Again is causing me to have water issues and have to think about flushing things down the drain - eeek.

If anyone knows of students with learning difficulties that would be interested in NILD educational therapy let me know. I need to clock in 80 hours of sessions before I can proceed to Level 2 and the sooner I can start the better before I forget it all. I can potentially ask some students at school but if anyone knows of others please send them my way.

Tomorrow I am in charge of organising the pub quiz at the Mustard Seed. I semi volunteered myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment