Monday 12 August 2019

La vie suit son cours



Today and tomorrow are public holidays and lots of people are away. I finish house sitting today up in Monavale. Enjoyed the msasas that are beginning to turn and the elderly pets. The only snag has been the house is full of memories of Matt and it has got to me at times. It also is full of memories of my childhood friend Robbie, who sadly died in her sleep when she was home from varsity when she was 20. So it is a house full of thoughts.



I had a braai on Saturday and a few people came which was nice. It was a girl power one as we lit the fire and turned the meat. Had to try gauge when the fire was ready. The two boys watched on. In the evening I went to watch White Crow at Theatre Upstairs at Reps. There unfortunately weren't subtitles. I really think there should have been and a lot of the film was lost on me as there was a lot of Russian spoken. It was an interesting experience trying to fathom what was happening with absolutely no subtitles to help you and only snippets of English. It wasn't quite as dramatic as the trailer made out.



Went to Reps for a quiz yesterday and everyone found out it is my birthday and they sang happy birthday to me at the end - eeeek. Heard from a Convent person that Mrs Sternslow is not doing well, so my mum and I went to see her in the afternoon. She is looking more frail and when we first got there she drifted in and out of sleep. But she roused and we got a few smiles and a bit of a twinkle.

I need to do assignments for the first day of NILD next week. I think next week is going to be quite intense with sessions from 8 to 5 and then homework. I was supposed to be house sitting for the parents of Paula Hawkin but they are still undecided as to whether their son is here or not. So it looks like I will be house sitting instead for a friend in Chisipite. There are rumours of a mass stay away this coming Friday and a march in town. We will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment