Saturday 13 March 2021

Bracing myself for what could be a very long term

 So after weeks of waiting, government finally announced we could resume face to face school this coming Monday. The pickling point being though that private schools have had almost a full term of online lessons and are ready for a holiday. The private school boards took this up with government but were flatly told that they weren't supposed to have been having online school and that we must follow the government dates or risk being unregistered. Hmmm, this means we might get a teeny tiny break over Easter before continuing through til June (aaaaaargh!!!) This also means my new job might get pushed forward and I don't really get a chance to switch hats before launching head on into high school. So yes, I have rather mixed feelings about Monday's return and a little apprehensive about what this all means. I'm not alone.

Am therefore enjoying my last weekend before hitting the storm and taking a bit of time out. Watching some Master Class before my subscription ends (enjoying the Billy Collins on poetry and may watch Neil Gaimon on fiction). Did some body balance with my sister (have shed a few more kgs, but some of it has been down to stress. For a couple of weeks have woken up in the morning to a feeling of panic over what I have still got to do and have had a nagging feeling of anxiety. This has died down a little thankfully). Went to a friend's little girl's birthday tea today and am going out to Ewanrigg Botanical Gardens for a picnic with friends tomorrow.

It seems some medical aid companies here are in the process of procuring vaccines for their members which is good news. The one my mum and I are on is one of them. My sister is hoping for us to get over to England in our next school holidays but at the moment we have no idea when those are and there is the teeny risk that we go back to everything, there is a sudden surge again and then we're back to square one with lockdown. I guess if vaccines can be obtained it might lessen the effect but it is all a guessing game. We have until December to use our Ethiopian Airways tickets. I don't really want to go all the way over to the UK though to be cooped up inside. There's also the current situation where you have to do the paid hotel quarantine that costs more than your air ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment