Wednesday 9 December 2015

Another heatwave in Harare



It is killingly warm in the southern part of Africa at the moment. We should be in the middle of our rainy season but apart from a brief shower yesterday in only some suburbs of Harare there are no cumulonimbus clouds in sight. We have been promised some relief and possible rain at the weekend but it is dire.

I continue teaching my three year old student Runbow English. I took empty yoghurt tubs today and we pretended to have tea and make cupcakes. His favourite story is The Gingerbread Man. Tomorrow I start art with a seven and nine year old. I have been helping my students at the International School with a project on Magellan and then researching the Vietnamese War with one and the Great Atlantic Migration with the other to enable them to write a historically accurate story about refugees.







On Saturday I went with friends to Reps Theatre to watch the hilarious Impro Show. Particularly enjoyed the Zimbabwe Electricity Supply technicians doing a rain dance to appease the Nyaminyami in order to fix Kariba and provide electricity.



The baby shower on Sunday was a success. I now need to sew the squares of fabric people drew on with fabric pastels to make a quilt. Something to keep me busy. Seeing my therapist tomorrow. My psychologist was previously pressing me to have goals and a vision of what I'm doing and try get full time work.


No comments:

Post a Comment