Saturday 12 December 2015

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas

I'm seriously dreaming of a wet Christmas, just like the ones I used to know ...



It is almost Christmas but still no real rains. This time last year there was flooding in parts of Zimbabwe and in the centre of Harare due to blocked storm drains. It just doesn't feel very Christmasy with the heat. There is also not much money to spend and everyone is feeling a little broke without having bought Christmas presents yet.



Did venture out last night for pizza at Queen of Hearts Cafe with friends and listened to another friend Ryan Koriya doing covers and some of his own music. It rained there and there was thunder and lightning to boot. Afraid none on our side of town when I got home and had a few drops this afternoon but it evaporated quickly.




Met up with my Stepmum Kate this morning at Antique Rose, another coffee shop. Sadly Kate came out as her dad was very ill and he died this week. I did at least get to see her this time as I didn't manage to in England. Spoke about her meeting up with my Dad. She said she thinks I should email him as he is too proud to get in touch with me. I still just don't know if I want to and if I'm strong enough. Have talked about it with my therapist. Kate did say I have nothing to lose by it. There is still a lot I have buried deep inside though.



Going to try make a gingerbread man for my Chinese student Runbow so he can pretend to be the fox in the story and eat it. He really loves that particular story and he's beginning to speak a bit more to me in English. My two art students seemed to enjoy their lesson, although the seven year old did his drawing in pencil and then announced he had had enough and when I asked if he didn't want to colour  it in he replied no thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment