Thursday 3 December 2015

Of elephants, nuns and art

It is the time of Christmas fairs and went to two last Friday with my Mum as she had the day off due to Thanksgiving. We first went to the Bohemian Bucket at Franjipanji and then on to the Elephant Affair which was a fundraiser for the Zimbabwe Elephant Nursery. It was a very hot day as has been most of this week.

Bohemian Bucket at Franjipanji


The Elephant Affair 


Other than that I have been helping my friend Lucy prepare for her baby shower and been making bunting using the method below. It turned out OK.


On Monday the Convent Old Girls committee took Christmas tea to the nuns at the House of Adoration. The senior Convent school choir came and did a jazzy nativity performance. The nuns seemed to really enjoy it. I sat with Sr Loyola who is 101 and then another nun who taught art from 1953.



Went to watch Spectre on Tuesday. Had forgotten schools closed on Wednesday and it was rather chaotic at the cinema. Luckily my friend Sarah had the foresight to go early and we got tickets as it sold out. Finding our way in the dark to our seats though we discovered the cashier double booked our seats. Three of us went to the next row but then had to move as other people came to sit there. Luckily did find other seats but the movie had started by this point. Realized when watching the film I am not a fan of drawn out suspense. I sit with my eyes scrunched up for most of it.

Had an interview today to teach art at a Muslim juniour school. Unfortunately the salary is not really enough to live on. Would have had to think about Islamic art as I don't think I could have done Christmas decorations. In the meantime I am applying for an assistant librarian post somewhere else and I have a few students still for private lessons. I have my youngest student to date, a three year old Chinese boy Runbow. The second day of teaching him, he saw me coming in and started screaming. It has got better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment