Saturday 26 March 2016

Melted Easter eggs and my sister engaged



It's Easter weekend and on Maundy Thursday the shops were chaotic with people hoarding food for the weekend or for going away. I had been invited to go to Nyanga but I had already committed to house sitting and looking after Charlie the foxy cross jack russell. I am allowed to use the car whilst house sitting but got all the way across to Mount Pleasant before noticing I had virtually no fuel left - panic. The people I'm house sitting for weren't responding to a frantic message and then phone call to ask if it was diesel or petrol. Eventually went to Brusters' Garage as reckoned they would know and they did. Unfortunately this and a forgotten appointment with my psych meant the Veldemeer's Easter eggs and bunnies I had bought had melted. I had to go back again and they had significantly less stock. I gave one of the melted bunnies to a street kid - reckoned they wouldn't mind melted Belgian chocolate - well I hope they didn't.

On Thursday evening I went and did some art with my friend Lucy. She is wanting to hold it every week and we both need to get cracking to produce stuff for the Wild Gees Art Festival in May. I am going to also print some photos to try sell, just bigger than post cards. Last night I went to a friend's birthday at Tin Roof (yes it is similar to the one in Cape Town :P) Was a nice evening though and she had friends out from Newcastle.



Today my sister and her fiancé finally made their engagement public. They actually got engaged in early January but Beth has been trying to email people individually to tell them before broadcasting it on Facebook. My other half-sister Mandee got married two weeks ago in the UK. So it's just me, the eldest, who is still single. Both my therapist and psych have said if I want to have children I'm running out of time - no pressure!


Starting a depression support group and we have our first meeting at my therapist's on Wednesday. Am researching on different ideas on how to run it but guess we will also go with the flow and with what everyone else wants. Have seen some posts on what to watch out for like one person dominating the whole time. My therapist has offered to be there with us but my psych says to decide what we want as either it's a support group or a group therapy session. Will see. I'm not feeling depressed at the moment since I've been on lithium but my friend who is a psychologist said it's important to have some in the group who are in a good space and I guess it is a way of giving back and I can empathise fully. There isn't an existing group for this. My therapist is going to put word out about it within the Harare therapist group.

Tomorrow for Easter Sunday will go to church at The Base and then have a friend joining us for lunch. I then may work on finishing my painting from Thursday and completing my friend's baby quilt. Apparently the batting adding stage is tricky - may go to a friend for help on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment