Saturday 19 March 2016

Super Runbo

Had an English lesson with my Chinese family this morning and I played and talked with my former 3 year old pupil Runbo. We coloured and built things and then at the end of the lesson he pointed to his costume from a school play yesterday that was hanging on the washing line drying. It was a superman suit complete with cape and insignia. Runbo begged his Mum to take it down so that he could put it on to show me. He emerged from his room as superman and proceeded to jump off a bucket to fly. He did look cute. His family is heading home to China for the Easter school holidays.

I will continue teaching my grade 7 and grade 3 from Bishopslea over the holidays and may have some Israeli businessmen to use my CELTA with. I possibly may have tutoring with the home school as well. I need to get going with doing art to exhibit at The Wild Geese Art Festival in May.



I am currently putting together a quilt made from squares friends drew on with fabric pastels at my friend Lucy's baby shower. Been using the video below to help me. Going to do a simple cross over border as mitring looks a little trickier.



Went to the food and craft fair at Queen of Hearts two Sundays ago. There was a lot on display and it was a fun outing. My mother however stopped to talk to almost every stall owner so it took a while to get around.



Been to two documentaries since last I wrote. One on the transgender community in Los Angeles (well actually a film shot entirely on iPhones) and then another called Unearthed on fracking. Have also joined a book club and am making my way through the book "All the light we cannot see" by Anthony Doerr. The next book will be "The book of memory" by Petina Gappah. Supposed to start an art group next Thursday and the following week I will be organising the first support group for people with depression at my therapist's. So all go I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment