Tuesday 28 February 2017

Faulty Brakes



Had a scare this morning driving from teaching Ira. I was going along King George Road when I heard a screeching of tyres behind me and next thing a truck came careening into the side of me and then glanced off my car, swerving off across the traffic intersection and up onto Aberdeen. Getting out of my vehicle I expected the worst but I was incredibly lucky. My door was dented and scratched but it still opened OK and I am very fortunate that it didn't impact my car more and I didn't get injured.

Another car coming up Aberdeen witnessed what happened and they very kindly went and picked up the police from the nearby Avondale Police Station and then gave their account as a witness. The driver of the truck which turned out to have faulty brakes was compliant and when the policeman arrived a few minutes later we got through the necessary paperwork in record time. The policeman was polite and got to it quickly. A refreshing change. All in all I had my faith in humanity renewed as everyone was civil and people kept stopping to ask if I was alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment