Saturday 11 February 2017

It's the weekend



Ended teaching earlier than usual yesterday as Scott is away and Alberto didn't want a lesson. Met with two friends for coffee instead, one at Veldemeer's and the other at Bottom Drawer. Could have got home earlier but on the way home it bucketed with rain and we drove through a river at the Lomagundi and Second Street intersection. Think we got water on the battery terminal points and our car died at the Argyll traffic lights. We sat in the car for about an hour, getting out every so often to wipe the terminals but the car just wouldn't start. Eventually the rain ceased and we got home.

Thankfully the car was back to normal this morning and I was able to meet up with a friend at Aroma Cafe. Again we got onto the topic of having a baby and my friend said it's OK to not have children and be a pseudo-aunty. The thing is deep down I would really like to have children of my own and you do feel an outsider to the mothers group. I think not having children will be something I may well regret. I guess I could always adopt and I do have the children I am teaching.


Got home and pottered round the garden a bit with the dogs. A Rastafarian guy called Henry who makes stuff to sell and is often by the Maarsdorp market came to our gate. He never begs and does things to help himself. We sometimes give him materials to make stuff with. He is a writer and had written about how the police have treated him in the past. Some ZANU PF youth got hold of what he wrote and came and beat him up for four hours for what he had written. The police have previously knocked down the house in which he was living in Epworth. He keeps on trying though and makes a plan. He had made some bags which he brought today made out of bamboo.

Tonight my mum and I are going to a violin evening at Casa Mia restaurant with other staff from the International School as some of the students will be playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment