Wednesday 26 July 2017

Term end and pottery



Almost at the end of term - I am counting the days. Will be my first proper holiday in a while, as usually I carry on teaching through the holidays. I think my students are ready for a holiday too, a few of them have gone down sick and a couple have been quite grumpy and bolshy. In between teaching I am trying to get ready for going overseas. Have been going along to The Studio with two other friends and then my mum last week and this. Last week my mum accidentally left her iPad behind. My one friend spotted it but wasn't sure whose it was. She sent a message saying had we left a tablet behind. As both my mum, the other friend and I are all on medication we thought she meant tablet in the medicinal sense. The other friend even went back to the pottery place and asked if they had her medication. My mum realised later that she'd left her iPad and went and got it but it was only this morning we understood what my friend had meant when she said "tablet".

At The Studio, 50 Edinburgh Rd




On Saturday we went to go and watch My Fair Lady performed at Reps. Carolin Yule made a good Eliza Doolittle and Kevin Hanssen was well cast as Professor Higgins. There were some new young voices too who showed potential. Well done to Sue Bolt and Meg MacKenzie for directing.



Photo by Mike Wall

Here are some dingbats that I thought were rather clever. See if you get them.

22ltd33MOB

O OBE OBEY

XQQQSMON



No comments:

Post a Comment