Monday 20 November 2017

Awaiting the next instalment

Episodes of House of Stones


In between trying to write up reports on wetlands yesterday, like most Zimbabweans I was closely following the dramatic goings on of ZANU PF and then awaiting the very anticlimactic speech delivered by Mugabe. We don't have tv so I was mainly looking online and then for the first time in a very long time listening to ZBC - yes I think they had the biggest audience they've had in years. It is all rather exhausting and you are kept on tenterhooks. From today it seems an impeachment is to go ahead but in Zimbabwean time, who knows how long that will take. I don't think I'll hold my breath for too long.



Today being Monday it was back to teaching and personal training at lunchtime. My home schoolers asked if I had been at the march on Saturday. My Chinese four year old was horrified when I read him a book about bugs and it said there could be close on 100 different types in his house. His response was, "Never!" He did concede that there are worms in his garden which he and his dad feed to his fish in the pond. He said he thinks they gave one of the fish too many worms as it died. I asked if that had made him sad and he replied no, not really. There is a certain comfort in doing one's daily routine and telling oneself life continues despite all the political malarkey. One just hopes we can continue to live here and change comes.


In the middle of all this we're having to look at getting a new car as we are sinking money into our current one and it's a bottomless pit in repairs. Went to a car dealership today and it seems with the current uncertainty prices are at an all time low. Just need to research a bit and bite the bullet - slightly nervous investing when one doesn't know what will happen next but we need a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment