Friday 1 June 2018

Riddles, funky shoes and hotspots



I happened to hear a riddle on the radio on the way to school today and it turned out so did one of my students who asked to present it to the class. What do you throw the outside of away, eat the inside of and then throw away the inside of? Riddles suddenly are all the rage with my grade sevens. Managed to remember everything today and my slipper socks. My head commented when I went home that wasn't I going to go shopping in my slippers? Haha. She then said maybe we should make Friday slipper day every week - yes please, that would be amazing! One boy seemed to miss the memo and came with funky hair instead. He must have borrowed his sister or mum's hair clips and proudly sported a spiky hair-do all morning. He's the same boy that will walk back to his desk swinging and clicking his fingers in the air - away in his own world but obviously completely content. As his teacher says - wish we could tap into whatever he is on.



We had another decadent tea again for Friday break. This time there were mini individual cheesecakes, mini milk tarts, profiteroles and sausage rolls. My turn next week - eeek. I will probably bake, but what I have to still decide - possibly hikers' fingers, bran and raisin muffins, maybe something chocolatey or savoury cheese puffs or perhaps some samosas. Thursday afternoon after meeting the French travel agents is going to have to be set aside for baking.





Came dashing home to teach my Chinese five year old online. Got home to no power though. Managed to teach him for about half an hour using the inverter and when that died I switched to using a hotspot off my phone - which worked for about 10 more minutes but I then lost connection and didn't get it back. The power is now coming on and off. Have unplugged my laptop in case of power surges. Really hope it comes back on properly as I have a lot of school work to do tonight. I fell behind slightly with marking this week and am struggling to get back on top of it (I seem to just lug pile after pile of books upstairs). So glad it is Friday though and that I don't have to be up at 5.30 tomorrow, well if Missy the cat allows it.


No comments:

Post a Comment