Thursday 31 May 2018

Apparently smoking as a teenager leads to a life of crime!



This morning was darker and colder and it was harder to get out of bed on time. My furry alarm clock Missy didn't fail me though and nudged me out from under the duvet. I did, however, dash out and forgot to pick up an additional pile of marking - my mental maths books. Realised soon after getting to school but it just wasn't going to work going all the way home again. We did spelling instead and will do double mental tomorrow. I am pleased to report my hastily revised seating plan after the initial failure is seeming to have worked for now. I do tell three of my grade sevens though that they may find themselves seated next to me.



So we tackled argumentative writing and I gave the topic of why teenagers shouldn't smoke (well I didn't actually give them the counter argument option - I'm mean). My one boy made me laugh. He is the same student that last week passionately said parents shouldn't buy school uniforms in a debate because they need to retire and live in cluster houses. Today he said that teenagers who smoke are going to end up living a life of crime. They don't have money of their own, so of course they are going to steal and this is the beginning of it all going downhill. I wish he would get as enthusiastic as he does in his debates for other things. At break another teacher said one of her students is going to Kariba tomorrow to scatter his grandmother's ashes. She told the class he was going away for something important and special. When his classmates then asked him why he was going he promptly replied it was to go fishing!



Had personal training and did a very mild cardio session with skipping, shuttles and different types of press ups. My trainer said she'll see me on Sunday at Wild Geese - hahaha I might be hiding behind my easels. Met up briefly after training with my friend Lucy that I will be sharing a stand with. We've decided to head over for 8 o'clock Sunday morning to set up. I had forgotten I have to submit one piece for the art competition - hmmmm, will have to think about that. Had a bit of special bonding time with my godson Philippe whilst visiting Lucy. He's chatting away now and we had fun in the garden with a pine cone.

OK to work. I have a pile of marking in front of me and need to prepare a lesson on African countries for social studies tomorrow as decided on that since last week was Africa Day. Tomorrow we are having "funky shoe day" at school. I had thought about possibly dashing home and getting a pair of ballet shoes but I am leaning towards wearing my slipper socks again - any excuse to wear my slippers :P


No comments:

Post a Comment